What is the Process of Renewing My Green Card in the United States?

At Sesini Law Group, S.C., our attorneys strive for our clients to meet their immigration status goals. If you would like guidance through the renewal process for a Green Card, do not hesitate to reach out to our firm today. Our skilled Wisconsin immigration attorneys are here for you, each step of the way.

How do I get my Green Card renewed?

In order to begin the Green Card renewal process, you will need to complete a Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card either online or through a paper application. Please note that the paper application must be submitted through the mail once completed. If you have ownership of a prior version of the alien registration card, you will need to replace it with your current Green Card as soon as you are able. If you would like to learn more about this process, do not wait to reach out to our firm to speak with our dedicated legal team. Give us a call today.

Can I renew my Green Card outside of the United States?

In the event that your Green Card is going to expire within 6 months, but you will return to the United States within one year of you leaving, you will have to file for the renewal card when your return. If you failed to apply for the renewal card before you left the United States, then you will need to contact a United States Consulate, USCIS office, or a United States port of entry before you are able to file a Form I-90 for renewal.

What should I do if my Green Card application is denied?

It is unfortunate that a rejected renewal application cannot be appealed. However, you may be able to file a motion to reopen or a motion to reconsider with the office that originally determined you were unfit for renewal.

It is in your best interest to contact an experienced immigration attorney if your renewal was denied. With the guidance from a skilled attorney, he or she can help you obtain, collect, and present all the evidence needed to show that the decision to deny your application was based on an incorrect application of the law. If you are interested in filing a motion, reach out to a dedicated immigration attorney for help. At the Sesini Law Group, S.C., our legal team is furnished with the knowledge and experience needed to guide our clients through this process correctly. Contact us today.

Contact our experienced Wisconsin firm

John Sesini is an experienced immigration attorney with offices in Green Bay and Milwaukee Wisconsin. Our firm understands what is at stake when it comes to immigration law matters, which is why If you have any questions, you should not hesitate to contact the Sesini Law Group, S.C., and schedule your initial consultation with our firm today.

Read Our Latest Blog Posts

  •  How Do I Apply for an EB-1 Visa?
  •  What Happens During the Fiancé Visa Interview?
  •  What Happens if My Visa Is Denied?
  •  What Are Tips For Avoiding Deportation?