How Do I Renew My Green Card in Wisconsin? | What to Know

A Green Card provides the security and opportunities that immigrants need to focus on the most important things in life. Unfortunately, Green Cards must be renewed every 10 years, and oftentimes, the process can be complex. If you are going through the renewal process, you will need a skilled Wisconsin immigration attorney on your side. Contact our firm today to discuss your options.

How can I renew my Green Card in Wisconsin?

If you would like to renew your Green Card, you must fill out a Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card. This document can be filed online or on paper. It is important to note that if you submit the form on paper, you will need to send it in through the mail. Additionally, if you have possession of a previous version of the alien registration card, you must replace it with a current Green Card as soon as you can.

If you have questions or concerns regarding your renewal, do not hesitate to contact our firm today. We are dedicated to ensuring that you are on the right track in this process.

Can I renew my Green Card outside of the United States?

If you are outside of the United States and your Green Card is set to expire within 6 months, but you will return within one year from your departure from the United States, you must file your renewal card upon your return. If you have not applied for the renewal card before leaving the United States, you will need to visit a U.S. consulate, USCIS office, or a U.S. port of entry as soon as possible. After you have done that, you will then be able to file your Form I-90 for a Green Card renewal.

What if my Green Card application is denied?

If your Green Card application for renewal is denied, you will not be able to appeal this decision. However, you can potentially file a motion to reopen or a motion to reconsider with the office that determined you were ineligible for renewal. A skilled immigration attorney will be able to help you obtain, collect, and present all evidence required to prove that the decision to deny your application was based on an inaccurate application of the law.

If you need to renew your Green Card, the Sesini Law Group, S.C. is here to help. Contact our firm today to speak with one of our legal experts about your options.

Contact our experienced Wisconsin firm

John Sesini is an experienced immigration attorney with offices in Green Bay and Milwaukee Wisconsin. Our firm understands what is at stake when it comes to immigration law matters, which is why If you have any questions, you should not hesitate to contact the Sesini Law Group, S.C., and schedule your initial consultation with our firm today.

Read Our Latest Blog Posts

  •  What Is a National Interest Waiver?
  •  What Is the Visa Bulletin?
  •  Who Is Eligible for an F2 Visa?
  •  What Is an Adjustment of Status vs. Consular Processing?