As a non-citizen of the United States, there is nothing more frightening than the prospect of deportation. Being deported from the country can result in you having your life entirely uprooted and having to start over again in your native country. For this reason, if you’re currently at risk of being deported, the most important thing you can do is continue reading and speak with our knowledgeable and highly skilled Removal & Deportation Defense Lawyer in Milwaukee, WI to learn more about some of the best defenses against deportation and how our legal team can help you. Here are some of the questions you may have:
What are some of the best defenses against deportation from the United States?
The good news is that there are a wide array of potential defenses at your disposal. Just some of the most common defenses are as follows:
- Adjustment of Status
- Cancellation of Removal for Permanent Residents
- Convention Against Torture
- Cancellation of Removal for Non-Permanent Residents
- Withholding of Removal
- Voluntary Departure
Of course, the defense we use will depend largely on the circumstances of your specific case.
Should I hire a lawyer if I’m facing deportation from the United States?
Absolutely. Hiring an attorney to handle your case is paramount, and will likely make the difference between a positive outcome and a negative one. There are several reasons why you should consider hiring legal counsel. Just some of those reasons include:
- An attorney has a firm understanding of the law and any loopholes in the law that may be used to your advantage.
- An attorney knows how to negotiate and deal with legal authorities.
- An attorney can help inform you of your options and understand the bigger picture.
- Once you’re a client, your well-being becomes your attorney’s number one priority.
- An attorney can give you straight advice and an expectation of how your case may go.
If you have any further questions about how our Wisconsin immigration attorneys can help you remain here in the United States, please don’t hesitate to pick up the phone and give us a call. We care about you, your family, and your right to live and work in the U.S. When you turn to us, you can feel confident that you have the right legal advocate in your corner.
Contact our experienced Wisconsin firm
John Sesini is an experienced immigration attorney with offices in Green Bay and Milwaukee Wisconsin. Contact the Sesini Law Group, S.C., and schedule your initial consultation with our firm today.