For many immigrants, few things are more important than living in and working here in the United States. If you are someone of prominence or with a unique ability, you may qualify for an EB-1 visa. Please continue reading and reach out to a knowledgeable work authorization permit lawyer in Milwaukee, WI to learn more about these visas, how they work, and how we can help you get one. Here are some of the questions you may have about the process ahead:
Do I qualify for an EB-1 visa?
To start, as previously mentioned, to qualify for an EB-1 visa, you’ll have to prove that you demonstrate extraordinary ability in your field. EB-1 visas are offered to those proficient in a variety of fields, including the arts, education, athletics, sciences, or business. That said, it takes more than simply being “good” at something to qualify; you must prove that you’ve attained “sustained national or international acclaim” because of your skills.
How can I get an EB-1 visa?
When applying for this visa, you’ll have to submit various forms of documentation, including your passport, any employment offers you’ve received from U.S. employers, your approved labor certification, your DS-260 confirmation page, and the approved petition for you to work in the U.S. You’ll also need to provide evidence of at least three of the following:
- Received national or internationally recognized prizes or awards for your successes in the field
- Had artistic, scientific, or other original work published and recognized/displayed in some way
- Been asked to judge the work of others
- You are a member of certain organizations that require outstanding achievement
- You’ve been in a leading or very important role in a distinguished organization/association
- You’ve had material such as books, articles, or news stories published about you
- You are paid higher than others in your field
- Proof of commercial successes in the performing arts
Should I hire a lawyer to help me get this visa?
Absolutely. If you are facing an immigration matter of any sort, it’s always best to proceed with competent Wisconsin immigration attorneys in your corner. Our firm can ensure that all deadlines are reached and that the process moves along as smoothly as possible. We’ve helped countless individuals get their EB-1 visas over the years, and we’d be honored to help you as well. Give us a call today so we can begin working on your case.
Contact our experienced Wisconsin firm
John Sesini is an experienced immigration attorney with offices in Green Bay and Milwaukee Wisconsin. Contact the Sesini Law Group, S.C., and schedule your initial consultation with our firm today.