Which Family Members Can I Sponsor After Becoming a US Citizen?

family silhouette concept

When you become a US citizen, you can file for certain immediate relatives. As a US citizen, you can file for your spouse, your children, your parents, a fiancé and siblings. As a legal permanent resident, you can also file for your spouse and children, but they will go on a waiting list because they’re not immediate relatives. As a legal permanent resident, you cannot file for your parent or your sibling, nor can you file for a fiancé.

For more information regarding immigration procedures, contact Sesini Law Group and get an initial consultation. John Sesini is an experienced immigration attorney with offices in Milwaukee and Green Bay, Wisconsin.

Read Our Latest Blog Posts

  •  What Is in the Immigration Bill Passed by House Republicans?
  •  What Are the Concerns Surrounding the H-1B Visa Lottery?
  •  What Are the Benefits of Becoming a U.S. Citizen?
  •  What Are the Concerns Regarding the Tech Visa Lottery?