When Can I Renew my 10-year Green Card?/ Will I get a Replacement Green Card when my I-751 is Filed?

When Can I Renew my 10-year Green Card?

If you’ve been a legal permanent resident, you have a 10-year Green Card and you want to renew it, I highly recommend that you file the appropriate form six months prior to the expiration date on the Green Card. Also, seriously consider applying for naturalization.

Will I Get a Replacement Green Card when my I 751 is Filed?

Once you’ve filed the I 751 petition and everything goes well, USCIS will mail you a new 10-year Green Card to your residence. Make sure that if you move in the interim that you contact USCIS because they will make one attempt to mail it to you. If you’re not there, it’s going to be returned and then you have a whole bunch of problems trying to get another Green Card.

John Sesini is an experienced immigration attorney with offices in Milwaukee and Green Bay Wisconsin. Contact an experienced attorney to set up an initial consultation and get any questions answered regarding your specific case. 

Read Our Latest Blog Posts

  •  Who Is Eligible for an F-3 Visa?
  •  What is an R-1 Visa?
  •  How Can I Become a Naturalized Citizen?
  •  What Is the Newest Action to Keep Immigrant Families Together?