Applying for a green card allows you to live and work in the United State indefinitely, and is the first step toward becoming a naturalized American citizen. But it is not easy obtaining a green card, because not all foreign individuals are eligible to live and work in the United States. If you are eligible to live and work in the United States, please read on, then contact an experienced green card lawyer in Milwaukee, WI to learn more about the do’s and don’t’s of the green card process in Wisconsin.
The do’s and don’t’s of the green card process in Wisconsin
Attaining the legal status of a permanent resident will take a good deal of time and resources. In order to optimize your chances of receiving one, here are the do’s and the don’t’s of the green card process:
- Follow the instructions on your Bureau of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services forms to the letter
- Attach all the documents called for in the forms
- Follow the Bureau of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services photograph instructions
- Call or visit your local Bureau of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services if you have any questions
- Request an interpreter if you have difficulty understanding English
- Hire an immigration attorney
- Commit any crimes
- Engage in politically subversive activities
- Smuggle other foreign nationals in the United States
- Charge others for legal advice
- Create the impression that you will not be living in the United States once you obtain your green card
- Lie on any Bureau of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services form
- Lie to Bureau of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services officers
- Leave parts of your forms blank or assume that a part of the form is unimportant
- Open the envelope with your medical exam results in it
How can an immigration attorney help you through the green card process in Wisconsin?
While the United States does not require you to hire an immigration lawyer, and even if you have a straightforward case, you would be wise to hire one. America’s immigration system is notoriously labyrinthine, frustrating and bureaucratic. Furthermore, it does not receive enough oversight or public scrutiny, which means you can easily fall through the cracks. If all this sounds intimidating, reach out to a skilled family immigration lawyer in Milwaukee, WI to discuss your next steps and how we can help you.
Contact our experienced Wisconsin firm
John Sesini is an experienced immigration attorney with offices in Green Bay and Milwaukee Wisconsin. Our firm understands what is at stake when it comes to immigration law matters, which is why If you have any questions, you should not hesitate to contact the Sesini Law Group, S.C., and schedule your initial consultation with our firm today.