What You Should Know About 3 and 10 Year Bar Waivers in Wisconsin

Whatever anyone else says, the United States is now your home and, presumably, has been for some time. However, for your own reasons, you have to leave the country. Please be advised that doing so could result in your being barred from reentry for an indefinite period. If you find yourself in this predicament, please read on, then contact an experienced 3 and 10 year bar waiver lawyer in Milwaukee, WI to learn what you should know about 3 and 10 year bar waivers in Wisconsin.

What you should know about 3 and 10 year bar waivers in Wisconsin

If a person lives in the United States unlawfully, then leaves the country, immigration laws may bar that person from reentry and obtaining a green card, even if they otherwise qualify, for a period of either 3 or 10 years. Therefore, a bar waiver is a legal document that can waive the bar, if the applicant can prove certain conditions.

How do you obtain a 3 and 10 year bar waiver in Wisconsin?

In order to obtain a 3 or 10 year bar waiver, you, the applicant, must establish that your denied reentry causes extreme hardship to you or your family in America. Examples of extreme hardship include the following:

  • Your spouse or parent has a medical condition and depends on you for care
  • Your spouse or parent is financially dependent on you and you will not be able to provide adequate support from abroad
  • Your spouse or parent has financial debts in the United States and cannot pay them without your assistance
  • Your spouse or parent has another sick family member and will be unable to care for that person without your support

How can a Wisconsin family immigration lawyer help you?

American immigration law is time-consuming and convoluted for the average person. You would be well advised to reach out to a skilled family immigration lawyer in Milwaukee, WI who will prepare legal documents and prep your qualifying family members for providing a personal statement. All of this evidence should discuss and attest to the hardship and the anticipated outcomes of your continued absence. You will also receive help in drafting and submitting your own personal statement supporting the arguments made by your qualifying relative and the conditions in your home country. Quality legal representation can make all the difference between success and failure in obtaining your 3 or 10 year bar waiver. Give yourself the best possible chance at success and call us today.

Contact our experienced Wisconsin firm

John Sesini is an experienced immigration attorney with offices in Green Bay and Milwaukee Wisconsin. Our firm understands what is at stake when it comes to immigration law matters, which is why If you have any questions, you should not hesitate to contact the Sesini Law Group, S.C., and schedule your initial consultation with our firm today.

Read Our Latest Blog Posts

  •  What Is a National Interest Waiver?
  •  What Is the Visa Bulletin?
  •  Who Is Eligible for an F2 Visa?
  •  What Is an Adjustment of Status vs. Consular Processing?