Our firm understands how stressful the naturalization process is for our clients. There is nothing more that we want to see than our clients become United States citizens. Reach out to our Milwaukee, WI naturalization lawyers today to learn more about how we can help.
How do I become a naturalized citizen?
There are many ways that you can become a naturalized citizen. Even if you have not held a green card for 5 or more years, you can still become a naturalized citizen under further circumstances. For instance, if you have lived in the United States for 4 years under asylum, you may apply for naturalization. Also, if you have served in the U.S. military and lived in the U.S. for three years, you can also apply for naturalization. You can also become a citizen if you have lived in the United States for three years and you marry another United States citizen. With all of that being said, if you have questions about whether you qualify for naturalization, our firm can help you. Contact us today to get started.
What are the qualifications for naturalization?
To become a naturalized United States citizen, you will have to meet the following criteria:
- You must be at least 18 years old
- You must have lived in your state or USCIS district with jurisdiction over your place of residence for at least three months before filing the application for naturalization.
- Students must apply where they attend university or where their family lives.
- You will have to be physically present in the U.S. for at least 30 months of the five years before the date of application
- You will have to prove that you can read, write, and speak English. You must also demonstrate a knowledge of U.S. civics and history.
- You must stay in the U.S. between the date you apply for naturalization until the date of naturalization
- You must be of good moral character
- You must be a Green Card holder for 5+ years immediately before the date of your filing the Form N-400, Application for Naturalization
To learn more about the qualifications of becoming a naturalized United States citizen, do not hesitate to reach out to our firm. Our legal team has the dedication and experience required to help our clients navigate through this overwhelming process. Give us a call today and speak with our Milwaukee, WI naturalization lawyers.
Contact our experienced Wisconsin firm
John Sesini is an experienced immigration attorney with offices in Green Bay and Milwaukee Wisconsin. Our firm understands what is at stake when it comes to immigration law matters, which is why If you have any questions, you should not hesitate to contact the Sesini Law Group, S.C. and schedule your initial consultation with our firm today.