How can I get an Employment Visa?

People come from all around the world for the sheer purpose of working in the United States. Those who are noncitizens with bachelor’s or advanced degrees seeking work in specialty occupations may apply for employment visas. However, there are certain instances where others may also apply for an employment visa. Please read on to learn more about employment visas and your legal options going forward:

What are the benefits of an employment visa?

When you receive an employment visa, you may legally live in the United States until your job is completed or terminated. Nonimmigrant visas can be extended more than once, though, after the final extension, the nonimmigrant worker must go back to his or her native country. If you are seeking permanent residency as a nonimmigrant worker, you must first enter the PERM labor certification process.

What are the different types of employment visas?

There are several different types of employment visas available, depending on your specific situation. They are as follows:

  • H-1B Visas: For professional employees
  • H-2 Visas: For nonimmigrant unskilled workers in temporary or seasonal work
  • P Visas: Temporary employment visa, granted to noncitizen artists, athletes, entertainers, and their spouses and children.
  • R Visas: These are temporary visas granted to religious workers
  • B-1 Visas: These visas allow short-term entry into the United States for conferences, meetings, seminars, and other events
  • TN Visas: These visas are reserved for Mexican or Canadian professionals with sponsors in the U.S. at the time of application
  • M Visas: Student visas that are used to attend vocational or other recognized nonacademic institutions
  • L-1 Visas: For executives and managers transferring from other countries to the United States’ subsidiaries or regional offices of the employer corporation. L-1 Visas can also support an application for permanent residence without the need for PERM certification
  • F Visas: You will need an F visa to enter the United States to attend a conservatory, seminary, high school, private elementary school, university, and other academic institutions

How do I apply for an employment visa?

To obtain an employment visa, you must apply outside of the country. You should also know that only 140,000 employment-based visas are granted per year. There is a very long wait when it comes to obtaining an employment visa, so you must act now by hiring an experienced attorney who will help you get the ball rolling.

Contact our experienced Wisconsin firm

John Sesini is an experienced immigration attorney with offices in Green Bay and Milwaukee Wisconsin. Our firm understands what is at stake when it comes to immigration law matters, which is why If you have any questions, you should not hesitate to contact the Sesini Law Group, S.C. and schedule your initial consultation with our firm today.

Read Our Latest Blog Posts

  •  How Do I Apply for an EB-1 Visa?
  •  What Happens During the Fiancé Visa Interview?
  •  What Happens if My Visa Is Denied?
  •  What Are Tips For Avoiding Deportation?