My Spouse Just Died before my Adjustment of Status Interview. Can I Still Adjust my Status?

cross statue cemetery

What if your spouse dies prior to the adjustment status interview? Can you still get your green card? The answer to that is yes, assuming that the marriage was valid, and you can show that the marriage was valid. You most likely would have to file a separate form, and it may take a little bit longer for you to obtain your Green Card status, but there is a lot of hope in this situation. If you do find yourself in this situation, please find yourself an experienced immigration attorney.

John Sesini is an experience immigration attorney with offices in Green Bay and Milwaukee Wisconsin. If you have any questions regarding adjustment of status interview or other immigration issues, contact an experienced attorney and obtain an initial consultation.

Read Our Latest Blog Posts

  •  Can I Work in the U.S. on a Student Visa?
  •  How Do Temporary Protected Status Programs Work?
  •  What Is the K-1 Visa Process Like?
  •  What Are the Different Types of Work Visas?