Can my Green Card Boyfriend/Girlfriend Sponsor me for a Fiancé Visa?

Many permanent residents come into my office and say, “I have a fiancé in my home country. Can I sponsor for him/her?” The answer to that is no. Only a US citizen can sponsor a fiancé visa. What I tell my clients is, “Listen, you’ve been a Green Card holder for five years. Go get your citizenship. Once you become a citizen, you can file for your fiancé.”

John Sesini is an experienced immigration attorney with offices in Milwaukee and Green Bay Wisconsin. Contact an experienced attorney to set up an initial consultation and get any questions answered regarding your specific case. 

Read Our Latest Blog Posts

  •  What Should I Know About the Proposed Bipartisan Immigration Bill?
  •  What Is in the Immigration Bill Passed by House Republicans?
  •  What Are the Concerns Surrounding the H-1B Visa Lottery?
  •  What Are the Benefits of Becoming a U.S. Citizen?