My mother married a US Citizen when I was 21 years old. Can he sponsor me for my green card?

Stepchildren are considered immediate relatives of United States citizens if the marriage had taken place prior to the child’s 18th birthday. If the marriage did, then the stepchild is considered an immediate relative, and the US citizen-stepfather can apply for all stepchildren.

John Sesini is an experienced immigration attorney with offices in Green Bay and Milwaukee Wisconsin. If you have any questions regarding these matters, please contact the Sesini Law Group, S.C. and obtain your initial consultation.

Read Our Latest Blog Posts

  •  How Can I Prepare for an Immigrant Visa Interview?
  •  What Does Public Charge Mean?
  •  What Is An Affidavit of Support in Immigration Cases?
  •  Can I Sponsor My Sibling for Immigration?