What are the Requirements to Bring my Fiance to the US?

What are the Requirements to Bring my Fiance to the US?

Getting your fiancé to the US is very paper-intensive and not as easy as some people think. The main requirement is you have to not be married. It’s your fiancé, and you have to have met each other before filing. You have to be otherwise eligible. Certain criminal convictions under The Adam Walsh Act will make you ineligible to file for a fiancé visa.

The process is probably around nine months. Again, as a spouse, you have to show that the relationship is valid, with e-mails, pictures that you’ve been together, and that you’ve flown out to see your potential spouse, etc.

John Sesini is an experienced immigration attorney with offices in Green Bay and Milwaukee Wisconsin. If you have any questions regarding these matters, please contact the Sesini Law Group, S.C. and obtain your initial consultation.

Read Our Latest Blog Posts

  •  USCIS Has Begun Implementing Its New Interactive Voice Response Telephone System
  •  What is a 212(h) Waiver?
  •  U.S. Service Members And Veterans Can Apply For Naturalization Online
  •  USCIS Has Extended Flexibility for Responding to Agency Requests