If my Fiance and I are engaged but have no formal plans for the wedding, can we still obtain a Fiance Visa?

If you are engaged and have no formal plans for the wedding, can you still obtain the fiancé visa? The answer is, yes, but generally in my applications, I always ask the petitioner to write a narrative and at the end, express his desire to marry within 90 days of her entry. It is quite common that many of my clients do not have a set wedding date, but it is important to express your willingness to marry within 90 days of your fiancé’s entry into the United States.

John Sesini is an experienced immigration attorney with offices in Milwaukee and Green Bay Wisconsin. If you have questions regarding Fiance Visas or other immigration processes, please contact the law office and get an initial consultation.

Read Our Latest Blog Posts

  •  How Do I Apply for an EB-1 Visa?
  •  What Happens During the Fiancé Visa Interview?
  •  What Happens if My Visa Is Denied?
  •  What Are Tips For Avoiding Deportation?