I Am US Citizen Living Abroad. Can I Sponsor My Wife for Her Green Card?

Many individuals come into my office or contact me by email and say, “I’m living abroad. I want to bring my wife over to the United States and I’m a US citizen. How can I do that?” You basically have to go through the same process, although some embassies will allow you to go through the process in that home country if you have resided in that foreign country for a certain period of time. In some countries, you have immigration offices, for example in London, Rome, and India. If you have lived there a certain period of time, most of the time you can file for your spouse in those home countries. This does not work all the time, but we have been successful in some cases.

John Sesini is an experienced immigration attorney with offices in Green Bay and Milwaukee Wisconsin. If you have any questions regarding these matters, please contact the Sesini Law Group, S.C. and schedule an initial consultation.

Read Our Latest Blog Posts

  •  What Is a National Interest Waiver?
  •  What Is the Visa Bulletin?
  •  Who Is Eligible for an F2 Visa?
  •  What Is an Adjustment of Status vs. Consular Processing?