How Does My Fiancé obtain Permanent Resident Status?

Once your fiancé enters the United States and you marry him or her, the next step is to obtain permanent resident status. How you do that is by simply filing an adjustment of status application. Generally, that is filed to a specific visa office or service center and in most cases, at least lately, there is no interview. However, the process of it does take a little bit longer. Generally in my cases, it takes about six months before the adjustment application is approved and the Green Card is forwarded.

John Sesini is an experienced immigration attorney with offices in Green Bay and Milwaukee Wisconsin. If you have any questions regarding these matters, please contact the Sesini Law Group, S.C. and schedule an initial consultation.

Read Our Latest Blog Posts

  •  Do I Qualify for an EAD in the United States?
  •  Fair and Human Charge Rule Published
  •  What is an I-601 Waiver?
  •  Update Regarding DACA Policy