Can My Fiancé Work in the United States While on a Fiancé Visa?

Your fiancé can work in the United States while on a fiancé visa. Upon their entry they are eligible to immediately file for an employment authorization. They do not have to wait until you marry and then file the adjustment with the employment authorization. However it is important to know that they don’t have authorization to begin working upon their entry. You do have to file for employment authorization.

John Sesini is an experienced immigration attorney with offices in Green Bay and Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Contact us to schedule an initial consultation. 


Read Our Latest Blog Posts

  •  What Is a United States Green Card?
  •  How Do I Renew My Employment Visa?
  •  What Happens When a Non-Citizen Commits a Crime?
  •  Can I Stay in the U.S. if I Lose My Job? | Milwaukee, WI Employment Visa Lawyer