An H-1B1 Visa in Wisconsin | What You Should Know

The H-1B1 visa is a nonimmigrant visa available to citizens of Chile and Singapore. Under the U.S.-Chile and U.S.-Singapore Free Trade Agreements, employers in the United States may employ individuals in specialty occupations, for a specified period of time. The number of H-1B1 visas can’t exceed 1,400 for Chile, or 5,400 for Singapore in any given year, but this limit is set aside from the overall H-1B cap. The yearly cap of H-1B1 visas, as of the posting of this blog post, has never been filled. If you are a Chilean or Singaporean national who has been offered a specialized occupation in the United States, please read on, then contact an experienced work authorization permit lawyer in Milwaukee, WI to learn what you should know about an H-1B1 visa in Wisconsin.

Who can obtain an H-1B1 visa in Wisconsin?

Much like the H-1B visa, the H-1B1 visa is available to professionals working within specific “specialty occupations” that require theoretical and practical applications of specialized knowledge. In light of that, H-1B1 visas are available to those who work in the following specialty occupations, among others:

  • Engineering
  • Mathematics
  • Physical and social sciences
  • Medicine
  • Education
  • Business specialties
  • Accounting
  • Law
  • Theology
  • Arts
  • Marketing
  • Media
  • Finance
  • Technology

If you are a Chilean or Singaporean national who meets these qualifications, you should reach out to a skilled family immigration lawyer in Milwaukee, WI for more information on how to apply and how our firm can serve you.

How can a Milwaukee, Wisconsin immigration lawyer help you obtain an H-1B1 visa?

First and foremost, a qualified immigration lawyer from our firm will help you prepare for the application process. This will start with providing proof that you do in fact qualify for the “specialty occupation” in the following forms:

  • Degrees
  • Diplomas
  • Transcripts
  • Work experience letters
  • Evaluations.

Your lawyer will also aid you in explaining to the appropriate immigration authorities how the degree requirement is connected to the position and how the duties are specialized and complex. Along with your lawyer, you will prove that a United States employer has offered you a job and that your stay is temporary. Because he or she will know the ins and outs, your lawyer will know what constitutes the strongest evidence to United States immigration officials and boost your chances of success. Let us handle the legal work while you focus on honing your skills. Please give us a call today.

Contact our experienced Wisconsin firm

John Sesini is an experienced immigration attorney with offices in Green Bay and Milwaukee Wisconsin. Our firm understands what is at stake when it comes to immigration law matters, which is why if you have any questions, you should not hesitate to contact the Sesini Law Group, S.C., and schedule your initial consultation with our firm today.

Read Our Latest Blog Posts

  •  What Is the Newest Action to Keep Immigrant Families Together?
  •  What Should I Know About the New Action to Secure the Border?
  •  What is an EB-3 Visa?
  •  How Can I Prepare for My Green Card Interview?