What is the process for getting an investor visa?

When individuals look to gain employment in the United States, they may need a visa if they are from outside of the country. An employment visa can give them the opportunity to enter the country with the intention of gaining employment here. However, they must first acquire this visa before entering the U.S. This can involve many steps in a somewhat long process. Investor visas are a type of employment opportunity for individuals from outside the U.S. who want to enter the country and work here. These visas allow investors to come to the country while they are self-employed. With an investor visa, it can facilitate trade between the U.S. and treaty countries.

A work permit needs to be granted by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services to give an individual the opportunity to enter the country. Some foreign nations can fill out a I-765 form. This application will request permission to work in the United States. If you are granted access to work here, this will allow you to stay in the U.S. for a limited period of time while you continue to work. It is important to remember that this form grants access only for a specific period of time. A common temporary work visa is the H-1B visa. Another type of work visa is the L-1 visa. This visa is different from other ones because it is reserved for an employee in a specific position, such as a managerial or executive role. The individuals could also be using this visa if they are equipped with essential or expert knowledge.

If you are granted access to an investor visa, you can bring your family into the country with you as well. This will put your family in the same category as you when you are admitted into the U.S. Also, it will make your family eligible for employment authorization while the investor visa is in effect. These E-1 and E-2 visas last five years and may be renewed every five years if you continue to qualify for it.

What is a temporary work visa?

Temporary work visas have some more restrictions on them. They allow immigrants to enter into the country for a limited capacity and a limited period of time. Some of these temporary visas only allow the employee to work for one employer, enterprise or company. However, other ones will allow you to work for any employer. These visas have varying circumstances depending on which one you are approved for.

John Sesini is an experienced immigration attorney with offices in Green Bay and Milwaukee Wisconsin. If you have any questions regarding immigration law matters, please contact the Sesini Law Group, S.C. and schedule your initial consultation with our firm today.

Read Our Latest Blog Posts

  •  Who Is Eligible for an F-3 Visa?
  •  What is an R-1 Visa?
  •  How Can I Become a Naturalized Citizen?
  •  What Is the Newest Action to Keep Immigrant Families Together?