U.S. Service Members And Veterans Can Apply For Naturalization Online

USCIS has announced that U.S. service members and veterans can now file Form N-400, Application for Naturalization online. Before the recent USCIS move, individuals could only file these forms via paper applications. Now, applicants can submit these forms and check their status electronically, as well as receive updates and notices from USCIS concerning their applications. This is a big step in making the process easier for individuals who have served our country.

If you are currently serving in the military, or you are a U.S. military veteran, you may apply for naturalization under special provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act. By doing so, your application fee and other requirements should be waived. Furthermore, certain provisions of the law may also award your family with some of these benefits as well.

As of now, you may file 10 USCIS forms online, as opposed to on paper. These forms are as follows:

  • Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status (Form I-539 is the first online application filing that uses USCIS’ eProcessing strategy.)
  • Form N-336, Request for a Hearing on a Decision in Naturalization Proceedings (Under Section 336 of the INA)
  • Form N-400, Application for Naturalization
  • Form N-565, Application for Replacement Naturalization/Citizenship Document
  • Form N-600, Application for Certificate of Citizenship
  • Form AR-11, Alien’s Change of Address Card
  • Form G-639, Freedom of Information/Privacy Act Request
  • Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card
  • Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative
  • Form N-600K, Application for Citizenship and Issuance of Certificate Under Section 322

Finally, you should note that you must first create an account with USCIS online before attempting to file a form. Once you do, you can submit and track the status of these forms, pay certain fees, communicate with USCIS directly through a secure inbox, and respond to requests for evidence. If you have any additional questions regarding your immigration concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our experienced Wisconsin immigration attorneys today. We are here to help you through every step of the process ahead.

Contact our experienced Wisconsin firm

John Sesini is an experienced immigration attorney with offices in Green Bay and Milwaukee Wisconsin. Our firm understands what is at stake when it comes to immigration law matters, which is why If you have any questions, you should not hesitate to contact the Sesini Law Group, S.C., and schedule your initial consultation with our firm today.

Read Our Latest Blog Posts

  •  What Is a National Interest Waiver?
  •  What Is the Visa Bulletin?
  •  Who Is Eligible for an F2 Visa?
  •  What Is an Adjustment of Status vs. Consular Processing?