How do I replace my Green Card?

Like any other important documents, it is essential that a person’s Green Card is kept in a safe place at all times. However, the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services does understand that sometimes, Green Cards get lost or stolen. In an effort to remedy this issue when someone does lose his or her permanent resident card, the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services requires that an application is filled out to replace it.

In the event that an individual must submit an application to replace his or her Green Card, they will fill out Form I-90. This can be done either online or by mailing in a paper form. It is important to note that if the individual is applying for a fee waiver, they must submit the Form by mail. It is also essential to be aware that if certain information is missing from the form, it will be automatically rejected. This information includes:

  • The individual’s family name
  • Mailing address
  • Date of Birth
  • Signature

Additionally, there is a fee of $455 to reapply for a Green Card with Form I-90. However, if the individual is submitting an application because they never received the Green Card or if the Green  Card they received had incorrect information due to a DHS error, they do not have to pay the filing fee.

If you need assistance with an immigration law matter, contact our firm today.

John Sesini is an experienced immigration attorney with offices in Green Bay and Milwaukee Wisconsin. If you have any questions regarding immigration law matters, please contact the Sesini Law Group, S.C. and schedule your initial consultation with our firm today.

Read Our Latest Blog Posts

  •  How Do I Apply for an EB-1 Visa?
  •  What Happens During the Fiancé Visa Interview?
  •  What Happens if My Visa Is Denied?
  •  What Are Tips For Avoiding Deportation?