How do I Help a Relative Become a Citizen?

If you are a United States citizen who is looking to help a relative become a lawful permanent resident, you’ve come to the right place. Our firm has been helping individuals do so for years, and we are ready to do the same for you. Please read on and reach out to our experienced Wisconsin immigration attorneys to learn more about how we can help you through the legal process going forward. Here are some of the questions you may have:

Where does the Form I-130 get filed?

Where you currently live plays a dramatic part is determining how exactly you will file your Form I-130. If you are someone who is currently living in the United States as a United States citizen, you will file your form either at the Phoenix, Chicago, or Dallas Lockbox. However, on the other hand, if you are a United States citizen, live outside of the United States, and are filing for an unmarried child under the age of 21, or for one of your parents, you will do so at the USCIS international office in the country where you are currently living.

If you are a United States citizen who is living outside of the U.S. and in a country where there is not USCIS international lockbox, then you will have to file at the Dallas lockbox. The Form requires you provide the nature of your relationship with the immigrant, your mailing address, marital status, and more. Additionally, the Form required you submit the beneficiary’s full name, physical address, date of birth, and marital information.

What does it cost to file?

It will cost $535 to file, so you must ensure you do so correctly. You will have to pay this fee either via personal check, money order, cashier’s check, or by credit card via Form G-1450, Authorization for Credit Card Transactions.

What information do I need to file a Form I-130?

It is crucial you submit all necessary information when filing, which is why you must retain the assistance of an experienced immigration attorney to ensure you are doing so correctly. Some of the information you will need to submit includes evidence of your U.S. citizenship, U.S. national status, or lawful permanent residence, a copy of your child’s birth certificate (or your marriage certificate), a copy of your birth certificate, and more.

Contact our experienced Wisconsin firm

John Sesini is an experienced immigration attorney with offices in Green Bay and Milwaukee Wisconsin. Our firm understands what is at stake when it comes to immigration law matters, which is why If you have any questions, you should not hesitate to contact the Sesini Law Group, S.C. and schedule your initial consultation with our firm today.

Read Our Latest Blog Posts

  •  What Is a National Interest Waiver?
  •  What Is the Visa Bulletin?
  •  Who Is Eligible for an F2 Visa?
  •  What Is an Adjustment of Status vs. Consular Processing?