How Can I Get a Fiancé Visa?

Fiancé visas, otherwise known as K-1 visas, are an excellent way for spouses-to-be of United States citizenship to become U.S. citizens. If you are looking to help your fiancé become a citizen, please continue reading and reach out to our experienced Wisconsin immigration attorneys to learn more about how we can help you through the visa process. Here are some of the questions you may have about fiancé visas in the United States:

How do I know if I am eligible for a fiancé visa?

Before you are granted a K-1 visa, you will have to demonstrate that you have known your future spouse for at least two years. You will request a K-1 visa on your I-129F form. Once you do, you should reach out to an experienced attorney who can help you navigate through every step of the process to come. Obtaining a fiancé visa is oftentimes a very document-heavy process.

What do I need to do to get a K-1 fiancé visa?

Once your petition is approved, your fiancé must have a medical exam, as well as an interview in their native country. The consular, during this interview, will determine two things: First, he or she will have to confirm that your fiancé has a strong knowledge of you and your life history. Essentially, the consular is checking to see if your marriage is legitimate, and that your fiancé is not simply seeking citizenship in the United States. Additionally, the consular will interview your fiancé to get a sense of whether he/she is a person of good moral character” and whether he/she will be, at any point, a public charge.

What questions will they ask in the fiancé visa interview?

Your consular may as your fiancé several questions, including the following:

  • Do you have any living relatives currently residing within the United States?
  • Do you have any children?
  • Have you ever been married before?
  • What is your name?
  • What country were you born in?
  • What is your age?
  • What is your nationality?
  • Have you ever been to the United States before? And if so, where?

If you are looking to obtain a fiancé visa, you know where to turn–simply speak with the Sesini Law Group, S.C.

Contact our experienced Wisconsin immigration firm

John Sesini is an experienced immigration attorney with offices in Green Bay and Milwaukee Wisconsin. Our firm understands what is at stake when it comes to immigration law matters, which is why If you have any questions, you should not hesitate to contact the Sesini Law Group, S.C. and schedule your initial consultation with our firm today.

Read Our Latest Blog Posts

  •  What Is a National Interest Waiver?
  •  What Is the Visa Bulletin?
  •  Who Is Eligible for an F2 Visa?
  •  What Is an Adjustment of Status vs. Consular Processing?