Green Card Replacement Goes Mobile

All permanent residents in the United States know how essential it is for them to have their Green Card on hand at all times. If something happens in which you misplace your Green Card or it gets stolen, you should get it replaced as soon as possible. The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services has created a mobile app that makes it easy for individuals who need to replace their Green Card to do so from their phone.

The app will allow users to easily file Form I-90. Not only can they file the form directly from their phones, they will also be able to submit any evidence that the USCIS requests for this form. So, for example, if you needed to submit some form of government issued identification, you can take a picture of it on your phone and upload it to the mobile app. Users will also be able to track the progress of their request on the app.

It is important to be aware that this is obviously only applicable to lawful permanent residents who make the decision to file Form I-90 online. through their myUSCIS account. The login information you create on for this account will be necessary in order to fill out the form via the mobile app.

If you have any questions about obtaining a Green Card, contact an experienced attorney today.

John Sesini is an experienced immigration attorney with offices in Green Bay and Milwaukee Wisconsin. If you have any questions regarding these matters, please contact the Sesini Law Group, S.C. and obtain your initial consultation.

Read Our Latest Blog Posts

  •  What Is the Newest Action to Keep Immigrant Families Together?
  •  What Should I Know About the New Action to Secure the Border?
  •  What is an EB-3 Visa?
  •  How Can I Prepare for My Green Card Interview?