While the requirements for an EB-1 visa are flexible, it is still one of the difficult visas to obtain. If you require assistance assessing your qualifications for one, please read on, then contact an experienced work authorization permit lawyer in Milwaukee, WI to learn what you should know about EB-1 visas in Wisconsin.
How do you know if you qualify for an EB-1 visa in Wisconsin?
An EB-1 visa is an employment-based green card available to foreign nationals who demonstrate extraordinary ability in their field, whether the sciences, the arts, education, business or athletics. Applicants must present evidence proving their extraordinary nature with “sustained national or international acclaim.”
How do you obtain EB-1 visas in Wisconsin?
To apply for an EB-1 visa, you must provide the following documents:
- Your passport, which must be valid for more than 6 months after your intended departure to the United States
- Your employment offers from the United States employer
- The approved labor certification
- The approved petition
- Your DS-260 confirmation page
Additionally, EB-1 visa applicants must present evidence of at least 3 of the following:
- Receipt of lesser nationally or internationally recognized prizes or awards for excellence
- Membership in associations in the field which demand outstanding achievement of their members
- Published material about you in professional or major trade publications or other major media
- That you have been asked to judge the work of others, either individually or on a panel
- Original scientific, scholarly, artistic, athletic, or business-related contributions of major significance to the field
- Authorship of scholarly articles in professional or major trade publications or other major media
- Your work has been displayed at artistic exhibitions or showcases
- Your performance of a leading or critical role in distinguished organizations
- You command a high salary or other significantly high remuneration in relation to others in the field
- Your commercial successes in the performing arts
How can a Wisconsin immigration attorney help you?
While engaging the services of a legal representative is not necessary, reaching out to one of our skilled Wisconsin immigration attorneys can make all the difference in the success or failure of your effort to obtain an EB-1 visa. Generally, the government takes about 8 months to process your EB-1 visa extraordinary ability petition. Once they have approved it, the government takes about 6 months to issue the permanent resident card. Furthermore, the fee for the issuance of your EB-1 visa will cost $1,045. Given the amount of time and money at stake, you will probably need the services of a seasoned immigration attorney to guide you through this arduous process. Give yourself the best possible chance at success.
Contact our experienced Wisconsin firm
John Sesini is an experienced immigration attorney with offices in Green Bay and Milwaukee Wisconsin. Our firm understands what is at stake when it comes to immigration law matters, which is why If you have any questions, you should not hesitate to contact the Sesini Law Group, S.C., and schedule your initial consultation with our firm today.