If are applying for an O Visa, please read on, then contact an experienced work authorization permit lawyer in Milwaukee, WI to learn what you should know about obtaining an O Visa in Wisconsin.
What is an O Visa?
Many globetrotting models, actors, athletes, musicians and other talented individuals may find themselves relocating to the United States. O visas are granted to those who have demonstrated “extraordinary ability” in their chosen field, giving them the ability to obtain employment. Depending on the applicant’s specific extraordinary ability, one of several different types of O visas is available.
What types of O Visas are available in Wisconsin and how do you qualify for one?
O Visas are available based on profession. Generally, applicants must meet at least threee of the requirements for each category. The types of O Visas and their requirements are as follows:
O-1 Visa: Reserved for athletics, business, education or science:
- Have won an award for excellence
- Have received a high salary for your field
- Be a member of an Association that requires an outstanding achievement
- Be designated to serve a critical role in a distinguished organization
- Have had articles written about you in a major media publication
- Have written a scholarly article
- Have acted as a judge of others in the field
- Have made an original contribution of significance to the field
O-1B Visa: Reserved for the arts:
Applicants must have:
- Received a high salary for your field
- Played a lead role in a distinguished event
- Received recognition from experts in the field
- Had articles written about you in major media publications
- A record of major critical or commercial success
- A critical role in a distinguished organization
Proving your exceptional ability will not be easy, so you should reach out to one of our skilled Wisconsin immigration attorneys to discuss your next steps.
How can a Milwaukee Wisconsin immigration lawyer help you obtain an O Visa?
A qualified legal representative will help draft, collect, compile and present the evidence and arguments needed to prove your claim to the appropriate entities. He or she will present album or art sales, current or past concert schedules or tours, awards you have won, itineraries, contracts between the petitioner and beneficiaries and written opinions from organizations in the United States that detail your ability. Even with all that documentation, this process will be long and complex. Let us handle the legal work. Give us a call today.
Contact our experienced Wisconsin firm
John Sesini is an experienced immigration attorney with offices in Green Bay and Milwaukee Wisconsin. Our firm understands what is at stake when it comes to immigration law matters, which is why if you have any questions, you should not hesitate to contact the Sesini Law Group, S.C., and schedule your initial consultation with our firm today.